[cmucl-help] help a newbee to start cmucl

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 23:56:22 UTC 2015

    >> Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 00:27:21 +0530
    >> From: Bharat Shetty <bshetty at gmail.com>
    >>
    >> worked with the bundled slime/emacs. Recently I started getting
    >> DIVISION-BY-ZERO (operands 99 and 0 ) while slime loads asdf. Could not

    GP> Did you (or automated) update slime?  It can be tricky, as slime
    GP> coders marginalize cmucl users.  I stuck with older versions of slime

I don't think slime coders marginalize cmucl users.  Helmut Eller is a
long-time cmucl user.  It's probably true but other lisps might be
better supported because there are more users, but I've never found
slime intentionally marginalizing cmucl.  Only us poor xemacs users
who can no longer use slime.

--
Ray