[cmucl-help] help a newbee to start cmucl

GP lisper fph at clouddancer.com
Mon Aug 3 00:36:32 UTC 2015

> From: Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com>
> Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2015 16:56:22 -0700
>
> I don't think slime coders marginalize cmucl users.  Helmut Eller is a
> long-time cmucl user.  It's probably true but other lisps might be
> better supported because there are more users, but I've never found
> slime intentionally marginalizing cmucl.  Only us poor xemacs users
> who can no longer use slime.

I've never thought it was intentional, and I don't recall Helmut
replying to whatever-it-was.  I did find that it was not unusual to
have initial difficulties, or think that some code change was
ill-suited to my use.  With too much to do, it was always easier
to revert.  Getting a typical reply of 'change to sbcl' nerfed my
interest in posting problems and getting them resolved.

I thought emacs and xemacs had a Great Reconciliation a couple years
back.  Having learned emacs on CP/M, I never understood what caused
the Great Fracture in the first place.

[it was known as Perfect Writer and came bundled on Kaypro2]

--
A bad day in () is better than a good day in {}