[cmucl-imp] Upcoming release

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 06:20:45 CEST 2011

On 10/24/11 3:20 PM, Robert Swindells wrote:
> Raymond Toy wrote:
>> I noticed that it has been a year since our last release, so it's time
>> once again for another release.  A new branch has been created
>> (RELEASE-20c-BRANCH) for the release.
>>
>> This time, I'm not going to do any pre-release.  We'll make just the one
>> build due at the end of this month for the 20c release.  If it's broken
>> for some reason, we'll send a patch if possible.  If it's really broken,
>> we'll recommend people to use the following snapshot.  (Of course,
>> because of the release, there will not be a snapshot for Nov.)
> I think that for NetBSD the recommendation will have to be to stick
> with the 2011-10 snapshot. I can rebuild this for later OS releases.
>
> The build scripts don't work anymore.

Bummer.  In what way do the build scripts not work anymore?  Did you
remember to use the boot-20c bootstrap file?  There were really very few
changes between 2011-10 and the release candidate.  Other than changing
the fasl file version, I think the only possible issue would be the
denormal trap handling.

I do have a NetBSD virtual box setup, but I haven't used that in some
time....

Ray