[cmucl-imp] Re: Upcoming changes

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 15:26:01 CEST 2010

On 6/30/10 3:51 AM, Helmut Eller wrote:
> * Raymond Toy [2010-06-30 01:03] writes:
>

>> Just wanted to make a note that for the next snapshot a basic cross-compile
>> is needed.  For x86, the cross-compile fixes a bug in
>> tracing/debug:arg for sse2 builds.  Any floating-point values were
>> basically random.
>>
>> In addition, two new slots are being added to fd-streams.  The two new
>> slots are not yet used but will be used to control how errors are
>> handled in stream I/O.  This also uses a cross-compile.  When the
>> cross-compile complains about incompatible structures, just select the
>> CLOBBER-IT restart each time cmucl complains.
>>
> Is it normal that compile-compiler.log contains 2 errors when
> cross-compiling the compiler?
>
> ; Reader error at 4102 in compiler/generic/core.lisp
> ; Symbol "FIXUP-CODE-OBJECT" not found in the X86 package.
>
> ; Reader error at 6379 in compiler/generic/core.lisp:
> ; Symbol "SANCTIFY-FOR-EXECUTION" not found in the X86 package.

Yes, I've noticed this.  Since it seems not to be a problem, I never
bothered to investigate this.  This doesn't happen on sparc.
> I used: src/tools/cross-build-world.sh b/target b/cross src/tools/cross-scripts/cross-x86-x86.lisp cmucl -noinit

That's right.  Although the preferred method is to use
src/bootfiles/20a/boot-2010-06-cross-x86.lisp as the script instead of
cross-x86-x86.lisp.   Of course, in this case the preferred script just
loads cross-x86-x86.lisp anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Ray