Upcoming changes

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Wed Jun 30 09:51:06 CEST 2010

* Raymond Toy [2010-06-30 01:03] writes:

> Just wanted to make a note that for the next snapshot a basic cross-compile
> is needed.  For x86, the cross-compile fixes a bug in
> tracing/debug:arg for sse2 builds.  Any floating-point values were
> basically random.
>
> In addition, two new slots are being added to fd-streams.  The two new
> slots are not yet used but will be used to control how errors are
> handled in stream I/O.  This also uses a cross-compile.  When the
> cross-compile complains about incompatible structures, just select the
> CLOBBER-IT restart each time cmucl complains.

Is it normal that compile-compiler.log contains 2 errors when
cross-compiling the compiler?

; Reader error at 4102 in compiler/generic/core.lisp
; Symbol "FIXUP-CODE-OBJECT" not found in the X86 package.

; Reader error at 6379 in compiler/generic/core.lisp:
; Symbol "SANCTIFY-FOR-EXECUTION" not found in the X86 package.

I used: src/tools/cross-build-world.sh b/target b/cross src/tools/cross-scripts/cross-x86-x86.lisp cmucl -noinit

I think the rest builds ok.

Helmut