[cmucl-imp] Snapshot 2015-06

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 04:36:10 UTC 2015

> The other changes to cmucl include:
>
> o The UNIX package has been changed; it now only contains just enough
>   to compile all of cmucl.  If you want the rest of old UNIX package,
>   use (require :unix) to get that.

1- This breaks ASDF, which assumed it could use unix-getenv and some such.
2- (require :unix) doesn't work in the snapshot.
  a- the module is named unix, but the fasl file is called unix-glibc2.sse2f,
     whether that's the reason or not, I get:
0] (require :unix)

File-error in function LISP::INTERNAL-LOAD:  "modules:load-unix" does not exist.
Error flushed ...

  b- if I try to load the file manually, I get a package lock error:
0] (load "/home/tunes/local/stow/cmucl/lib/cmucl/lib/contrib/unix/unix-glibc2.sse2f")

Attempt to modify the locked package UNIX, by
   redefining function (SETF GROUP-INFO-NAME)
Error flushed ...

> o Issues fixed:
>   o gitlab issue #1 fixed.
Should I be using gitlab to report issues from now on?

He who says he will die for a cause will probably lie for it and may kill
for it.  — John McCarthy