[cmucl-imp] Trouble building latest sources using CMUCL 20C on Mac OS X Lion (x86_64)

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Mon May 28 04:40:32 UTC 2012

On 5/27/12 8:08 PM, Jon Boone wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I downloaded the CMUCL 20C binary for Darwin with Unicode support, then obtained the latest sources via git.  When I attempted to compile the sources, I get the following error during the stage-1 build of the compiler:

> [Doing purification: Done.]
>
> Undefined foreign symbol: "alloc_16_to_eax"
>    [Condition of type SIMPLE-PROGRAM-ERROR]

Well, I was lazy when I did this and it was done in two stages.  Stage
1:  Remove uses of alloc_16_to_eax and friends and do a full build.
Stage 2: Remove the actual code for alloc_16_to_eax and friends and use
stage 1 to do a full build.  These two stages were done in the
snapshots.  Looks like stage 1 was done in the 2012-01 snapshot and
stage 2 in 2012-02.

Ray