[cmucl-imp] compile-file return values?

Douglas Crosher dtc-cmucl at scieneer.com
Sun Mar 27 07:51:08 CEST 2011

Hi Ray,

Thank you for the change. When this is out I'll look at updating the ASDF test.

On 27/03/11 08:21, Raymond Toy wrote:

>      Douglas>  I propose using the c::brevity extension to suppress the
>      Douglas>  efficiency notes and then check the second value returned
>      Douglas>  by compile-file. For example:
>
>      Douglas>  (proclaim '(optimize (speed 2) (safety 3) #-allegro
>      Douglas>  (debug 3)
>      Douglas>  	#+(or scl cmu) (c::brevity 2)))
>
> This seems ok, but why these particular compiler settings used?  These
> aren't the default for cmucl.

These setting are from the ASDF test, with the c::brevity added to avoid
compiler efficiency notes (which are style-warnings in CMUCL) from causing
the test to fail.

I understand the test would like to catch many style-warnings, such as
unused variables, and that the test should fail if these are found.