[cmucl-imp] compile-file return values?

Douglas Crosher dtc-cmucl at scieneer.com
Fri Mar 25 04:50:35 CET 2011

Hi Ray,

The test file asdf/test/compile-asdf.lisp tries to catch compile errors and warnings including some style-warnings.

I propose using the c::brevity extension to suppress the efficiency notes and then check the second value returned by compile-file.
  For example:

(proclaim '(optimize (speed 2) (safety 3) #-allegro (debug 3)
	    #+(or scl cmu) (c::brevity 2)))

However this does not work on the current cmucl because the second value returned does not include style-warnings, so unused
variable warnings etc are not caught in this test.

The ANSI-CL standard suggests that the second return value should be true for style-warnings, as well as other warnings and errors,
so the original cmucl code seems right to me.

Perhaps there was some other issue here.

Regards
Douglas Crosher