[cmucl-imp] [cmucl-commit] CMUCL commit: src/code (package.lisp)

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 16:42:23 CET 2010

On 12/26/10 9:40 AM, Stas Boukarev wrote:
> Madhu <madhu at cs.unm.edu> writes:
>
>>   |From: Stas Boukarev <stassats at gmail.com>
>>
>>   |> * (load (compile-file "test.l"))
>>   |It breaks non-standard code, that is right.
>>
>> The point of my example was to show that it breaks more than just
>> non-stanadard code.  It would be nice to keep misguided SBCL patches
>> off the CMUCL codebase.
> The behaviour you expect from the code you showed is non-standard. And
> it behaves the same way in every implementation, except for CMUCL and SBCL.

I'm getting confused now.   (I would claim too much holiday cheer, but I
didn't really drink anything much.)

FIND-SYMBOL (before uninterning) says BAR-SYMBOL is an external symbol
and not inherited.  An external symbol is present in the package,
according to the phrasing in the clhs entry for find-symbol.

I do see that ccl and clisp fail the test.  cmucl passes.

Ray