[cmucl-imp] Running on Linux kernels compiled with COMPAT_BRK disabled

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 03:15:35 CET 2010

On 1/31/10 3:45 PM, Stelian Ionescu wrote:
> When run on a kernel compiled without COMPAT_BRK CMUCL segfaults, so I
> copied the kludge used by SBCL - check the current personality, and if
> necessary, enable ADDR_NO_RANDOMIZE and re-exec itself.
> Patch attached.

Thanks for the patch.

Did you try compiling CMUCL with this patch?  I ask because it doesn't
compile for me.  __x86 doesn't exist on my Suse box.  (There are a
couple of other issues like p=name.release, but name is a pointer, and
check_personality references argv and envp, which don't exist.)  I don't
think my Suse box has such a kernel, so I can't test the result either.

Ray