[cmucl-help] Building on OSX

Didier Verna didier at lrde.epita.fr
Mon Jan 29 15:31:27 UTC 2018

  Hi again,

Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you're in directory foo, and you untarred the other tarballs here,
> you can untar the source tarball, and everything should be set up
> correctly.

  I've tried this with the 2018/01 snapshot (and with the source tarball
  unpacked at the same place, i.e. /usr/local/pkg/common-lisp/cmucl/)
  but Slime can't find the source:

File-error in function LISP::FD-OPEN:
   Error opening #P"target:pcl/generic-functions.lisp", No such file or directory.
   [Condition of type KERNEL:SIMPLE-FILE-ERROR]

> If not, you should be able to do
>
> (setf (search-target "target:") (list <directory-where-src-is-located>))

  Unfortunately, this doesn't work either. SEARCH-TARGET doesn't seem to
  exist (neither as a reader, nor as aSETF function):

CL-USER> (apropos 'search-target)
SEARCH-TARGET
; No value

BTW, it would also be nice if CMUCL could find its way back to itself
when run from a symlink (I'd like to symlink it to /usr/local/bin/):

didier(s000)% lisp                                               16:30 01/29/18
Cannot find core file
Based on lisp binary path `lisp'
zsh: exit 1     lisp

--
Resistance is futile. You will be jazzimilated.

Lisp, Jazz, Aïkido: http://www.didierverna.info