[cmucl-help] help a newbee to start cmucl

GP lisper fph at clouddancer.com
Sun Aug 2 20:01:36 UTC 2015

> Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 01:15:02 +0530
> From: Bharat Shetty <bshetty at gmail.com>
>
> aptitude is having some issues as well :(

> would it be better to move to freebsd/netbsd with cmucl/slime/emacs ?

I've run those three for years on gentoo, but I never utilized the
'helper' installation app for maintaining cmucl or slime.  It is not
difficult to compile your own cmucl, nor is it difficult (nowdays) to
manage your system.  You simply independently maintain your 'specials'
and check beforehand the system supplier updates.  Test systems are
handy, especially virtual ones.

Simple scripts can created cmucl

>cat BUILDER
#!/bin/sh

src/tools/create-target.sh rmb-cmucl
src/tools/clean-target.sh  rmb-cmucl
src/tools/build-world.sh   rmb-cmucl "lisp -core /usr/local/lib/cmucl/lib/cmucl/lib/lisp.core.builder"
src/tools/rebuild-lisp.sh  rmb-cmucl "lisp -core /usr/local/lib/cmucl/lib/cmucl/lib/lisp.core.builder"
src/tools/build-world.sh   rmb-cmucl "lisp -core /usr/local/lib/cmucl/lib/cmucl/lib/lisp.core.builder"
src/tools/load-world.sh    rmb-cmucl rmb-cmucl-$VERSION-$DATE
src/tools/build-utils.sh   rmb-cmucl
src/tools/make-dist.sh     rmb-cmucl rmb-cmucl-$VERSION-$DATE x86 linux

--
A bad day in () is better than a good day in {}