[cmucl-help] help a newbee to start cmucl

GP lisper fph at clouddancer.com
Sat Apr 11 19:08:43 UTC 2015

I remember trying this long, long ago but never getting it to work.
Probably back in late version-18 days.  That effort was with one of
the pseudo-Motifs installed, later the real Motif became available,
but I no longer needed X as part of cmucl.

I also run Gentoo, but all of cmucl lisp is managed outside of the
'emerge' system, as when I started years ago, the gentoo cmucl had
some long-forgotten problems.  I would compile my own cmucl instead,
using the prior version after testing the released binaries.

> Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 14:20:12 +0200
> From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch at skynet.be>
>
> I've installed cmucl-20e on my Gentoo system.
> I have no idea to get into the graphics mode.
> If I do
>
> (require :clx)
> (require :hemlock)
> (ed)
>
> The just opened X-window doesn't get focus such that I can't enter
> anything.

you might want to try 'xprop' on it.
or perhaps your window manager has some useful tool....

--
A bad day in () is better than a good day in {}