[cmucl-help] 19c alpha [Was Re: CMUCL 18c building on tru64 5.1]

Carl Shapiro carl.shapiro at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 01:31:24 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Fausto Saporito <fausto.saporito at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yes... I have to go back to rebuild kernel.core after generated
> lisp.nm, but it seems not all the functions are present in lisp.nm
> The most obvious are missing! Like sin, cos, tan, killpg, etc ... and
> they are defined in undefineds.h

Can you provide a list of all of the undefined functions?  These functions
are present in a shared library (libm) but it is likely that the compiler
is outsmarting our attempt at having a static link and there are no defined
symbols for these functions in the runtime executable.

I have worked around this problem in my own source tree by using the list
in undefineds.h to generate assembly language stub functions.  These stub
functions do nothing except jump directly to the shared library entry
point. I then use the addresses of the stubs in place where their targets
are referenced.  At present, I do this for the x86 but it would be trivial
to adapt this to the alpha.