[cmucl-help] 19c alpha [Was Re: CMUCL 18c building on tru64 5.1]

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 22:04:42 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 3:00 PM, Fausto Saporito <fausto.saporito at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Now lisp is more verbose:
>
> axpvm01.gitanes.taz> ./lisp -core kernel.core
> In initial-function, and running.
> GLOBALDB-INIT
> FDEFN-INIT
> Error: Undefined symbol.
>     SC: 16, Offset: 23  $1=       0x30182847: other pointer
> LDB monitor
> ldb>
>
> in lisp.map there's no address 30182847

​Because you're somewhere in Lisp code.

Type "help" to get some help on how to use ldb.  At this point, you can
probably learn a lot by doing

print $1 (or print 0x30182847)

This should tell you at least the symbol name. And since it's undefined,
we'll have to figure out why it's undefined.  Could be an issue in the 19c
source code, or perhaps something bad happening with cross-compiling from
19c linux with :linkage-table enabled.

But this progress is really encouraging!
​

--
Ray