[cmucl-help] 19c alpha [Was Re: CMUCL 18c building on tru64 5.1]

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 18:01:39 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 10:33 AM, Fausto Saporito <fausto.saporito at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Ray,
>
> I'm missing a piece... Is undefineds.h used during the kernel.core
> creation ?
>
> Those warnings are generated on the linux machine...
>
> By the way, they are totally missing in undefineds.h ... also an OSF1
> part is totally missing.
> Is present only alpha-linux section.
>
> So I should update undefineds.h with all those functions present in
> the warnings, if I understood correctly...

​Ugh. This might be tricky.  Your 19c linux binary supports the
:linkage-table *feature*. But alpha doesn't. I'm not sure how well
cross-compiling from linux to alpha will work in this case. And I don't
remember what a cross-compile without :linkage-tables looks like anymore,
and all of the current working ports use :linkage-tables.

So, these undefined symbols might be ok, but they do have to get resolved
in some way.  call_into_c ought to exist in your lisp.nm file. Perhaps
genesis is not parsing that file correctly?​

​(See load-foreign-symbol-table in compiler/new-genesis.lisp.)
​

--
Ray