[cmucl-help] 19c alpha [Was Re: CMUCL 18c building on tru64 5.1]

Carl Shapiro carl.shapiro at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 05:26:10 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 8:51 PM, Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com> wrote:

> ​Not sure what that 0x302948ac is, but a1 should probably be the address
> of call_into_c. I think this part of the code is trying to call debug_print
> which is a C function, so the address of debug_print must be in one of the
> registers, and a1 should be call_into_c.

Can we find out what is in a1 at the time of the crash?  That should be the
jump target.  I am curious if it is 0, which it certainly seems like, but
we have no idea what the debugger might be doing behind your back.  If the
lisp.nm file does not contain an address for debug_print, genesis will
default that value to 0.  (A really smelly value like 0xdeaddead would be a
better default.)