[cmucl-help] CMUCL 18c building on tru64 5.1

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 03:02:21 UTC 2014

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 3:42 PM, Fausto Saporito <fausto.saporito at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Raymond,
>
> I have a doubt... I tried to compile the lisp frontend with gcc (under
> Tru64)... I suppose the Config file has been made with gcc in mind...
> the -I- in the CPPFLAGS is gcc syntax...not DECC
> Also gmake doesn't complain about the depends generated by gcc.
>
> I have only gcc4.x at the moment, and maybe is too new...

gcc 4.x is used on other platforms, so it's not too new. It's more likely
the alpha code is too old. :-)
​
I do not actually know what compiler was used for building the alpha port.
Are you using Config.alpha_osf1 or Config.alpha_linux? I think you should
be using osf1. But that seems to be using alpha's C compiler, not gcc.

> I have an error compiling src/lisp/interrupt.c at line 644:

​What version of the sources are we looking at? There is no line 644 in git
master or RELEASE_18c. And interrupt.c is in ./lisp, not ./src/lisp in 18c,
so I'm really confused at what you're using now.

​

>  ../../src/lisp/interrupt.c:644: error: lvalue required as left
> operand of assignment
>
> That line is :
>
> SC_NPC(context) = SC_PC(context) + 4;
>
> maybe it could be SC_PC(context) = SC_PC(context) + 4;
>
> this line interpreted only if not x86.
> SC_NPC is only used in that line... so it's quite strange.

​AFAICT, alpha does not have an NPC register, so SC_NPC should never be
used.

​
 --
​Ray