[cmucl-help] CMUCL 18c building on tru64 5.1

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 17:00:19 UTC 2014

On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 2:57 PM, Fausto Saporito <fausto.saporito at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> ok. I built 18a with 18a.
> Now, if I understood well the process to compile 18b is quite
> different... correct ?
> So, how can i crosscompile ?

​I did a little digging and it seems there's not a lot of information about
how to go from 18a to 18b. I can't even find any release notes on this.

As for cross-compilation, the current notes are at
http://trac.common-lisp.net/cmucl/wiki/BuildingCmucl.  These are for more
recent versions, so I don't know how they would apply to 18b.  The general
approach hasn't really changed, but the scripts themselves didn't exist in
18b.  On the other hand, the scripts just encapsulate what people were
doing by hand in an ad hoc way anyway.

If you can, it might be easier to try to cross-compile from the 20d
release. That is the last version that supported 8-bit (non-unicode)
chars.  20e and later require unicode which you'd probably have to update
the backend to support 16-bit chars.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
​