[cmucl-help] Doing purification: gc invariant lost (purify.c:510)

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 23:36:09 CET 2009

Jared C. Davis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been hitting the following error in CMUCL 19f (and I think 20a)
> when my program calls extensions::save-lisp:
>
>     [Doing purification: GC invariant lost!  File
> "../../src/lisp/purify.c", line 510

On examination of line 510, I see that there's a 1024-element array that
is being used to hold valid heap pointers in the stack.  We have
exceeded the size of that array.  So perhaps in your case  your stack is
so large that there are more than 1024 valid pointers.

Can you run (room) before you run save-lisp and report the results
here?  It could be something as simple as increasing the size of the
array.  Although if your control stack is really large, some other
approach may be needed since we probably don't want a multi-million
element array that is large enough for the whole control stack.

Ray